Headway Preston and Chorley hold regular clinics at the Royal Preston Hospital for patients suffering acquired brain injury and major trauma. Please note due to the coronavirus we are unable to visit patients in hospital. We can help via telephone, text, email and Skype or Facetime.
You can watch a video about our service here https://youtu.be/WPpxvMl08kU
From 13th January 2020 the Major Trauma Patient Support Service was funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
The clinics provide the following advice and information;
- FINANCE including access to bank accounts, dealing with bill and other financial liabilities.
- WELFARE BENEFITS including the claim process for means tested benefits and disability benefits. Self Help Guides.
- LEGAL including personal injury, mental capacity, employment and criminal matters.
- SOCIAL including care and support after discharge from hospital.
- COMMUNICATION SUPPORT to liaise with different agencies.
- FAMILY information and advice relating to recovery and finances.
- EMERGENCY FUND for those in financial hardship to help with travel to hospital costs, items while in hospital and other small expenses.
To book contact us on 07808 648 733 or 07557 123 493
How to donate to our charity: https://www.headwayprestonandchorley.org.uk/how-to-donate/