Through this service staff will be offering regular weekly telephone friendship calls. Calls will last approx. 5 – 15 minutes and will be arranged on the same day and time each week. (Alternative communication can include WhatsApp and Skype).
The project will be offered to those who attend the Headway Community sessions, and those in hospital or a care home and we welcome new enquiries from people who require our support.
This service is proudly funded by the Lancashire COVID-19 Community Support Fund and National Emergencies Trust.
- Regular weekly contact with Headway Preston and Chorley.
- Listening to concerns and giving appropriate advice.
- Reassuring clients who might be worried about becoming unwell and to advise them of what do to if they have any symptoms.
- Preventing isolation, negative thoughts and low mood.
- Assisting people to establish a home routine.
- Providing virtual welfare benefits assistance and form filling.
- Assisting clients to obtain information form other organisations(assisted signposting).
How we will deliver Keep In Touch
3 staff are working on the project. An initial first call is made to establish whether clients would like to receive regular welfare calls and communication from HWPC.
We set up a day/time to call the person and set out the reason for the call.
We offer alternative methods of contact.
The service is not a counselling service and specialist medical advice cannot be given however, we can provide information on welfare benefits, legal and employment advice.
How to contact us;
If you would like to have us call you we can also be contacted via email on email@example.com
How to donate to our charity: https://www.headwayprestonandchorley.org.uk/how-to-donate/